Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Beauty and a Beast

Once upon a time a little girl wanted to act and be on the stage. That dream came true. Then it came true again, and again, and again, and again. There are about two more "agains" left in this school year. This mama is getting a little worn out with all the shuttling and crazy schedule managing. Well once upon a time there was a boy who wanted to be like this girl. His dream came true as well.

It's a little nerve-wracking when your kids are in plays. With all the "agains" for Taylor I get a little less nervous for her these days. But man oh man was I nervous for Trevor on a number of levels. Taylor is my rule keeper. She doesn't rock any boats. She's a natural people pleaser, like her mama. Trevor is... well none of the above. He is his own person, he is strong, passionate and if there's something he wants to do or say, doesn't want to do, only the holy spirit could change his mind. So in God's sovereignty there was this one little tea-cup who liked to tell Trevor where to stand, where to sit, what to say, what not to say. Trevor doesn't do bossy well. I'd get all sorts of texts from Taylor at rehearsal. MOM they're at it again you have to get down here. I wouldn't go. I had already given the director my cell and unless she sent me a text I had to let Trevor work this out. Once he locked himself in the dressing room. A number of times he'd come home and quit because of this girl. I told him Daukas' don't quit. Not an option. Oh man. After the first week I knew we were in deep and there was no backing out in my mind. Just a side note. I know my son. He is not innocent. I'm sure this girl went home and wanted to quit after dealing with Trevor as well. I'm grateful for wisdom from above and grace from God and for nights Trevor came home saying everything went perfectly and nights where it didn't but he was able to ignore and not respond back by say trying to tie her up with her scarf. True story.

He was ADORABLE too. Oh that kid loved the stage like his sister. My favorite part was opening night where he gave Chris a little wink as he came out. He was all drama. There was no "Trevor could you maybe act like you enjoy being on stage". No, if anything it was like, "Tone it down just a tad bud". I loved being in the audience and hear someone behind me say "oh he is just so cute!"

Presenting, a thousand photo's of Trevor, as Chip the Teacup:


This was before the curse :)
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The second show fell on his birthday. The cast sang Happy Birthday to him after final bows. He ate up every minute of it. Ok quick side note. This kid seriously cracks me up. He planned every last detail of his party. Down to the type of balloons he wanted in his room for our birthday morning tradition, to requesting trick candles on his cake. Then he acted perfectly suprised by said balloons and candles. HA!! So when Taylor told me that he picked beforehand what girl he wanted to let the singing of Happy Birthday to him it didn't phase me. Man oh man. Here's a few more of the singing time.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Ok quickly on to Taylor. Here's what you need to know about Taylor. She's good. Really good. She's a complete natural up there. She's also incredibly funny. Her character was one of the three blind mice. I know what you're thinking. The three blind mice are not in Beauty and the Beast?! This script was an adaptation. All sorts of characters were found in this amazing play. Taylor and her other mice friends were asked to do the curtain speech before the show. She ate that up! Here are few pictures of her. I'm hoping to post some video of her from the play she was in before Beauty and the Beast on the blog soon! She was also an amazing sister to her brother. It took her a few rehearsals to figure out her role in his life there. But it warmed my heart to see them hug and hear Trevor to exclaim how happy it made him that he got to do a play with her!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug





Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Now that Trevor finished his commitment and finished well, we are allowing another dream of his to come true. One he has dreamt for two years now. Tackle football. God help me.

No comments: