Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Family Pictures

I've spent quite a bit of time taking family pictures this season for people and last week it was our family's turn. Our friend Luz came and stayed thanksgiving week with us. We've been hosting her stuff for her while she's traveled back and forth to Seattle. She graciously agreed to spend one of her AZ afternoons snapping some family pictures for us and I've spent the past week editing them.

Often the night before I have a family session scheduled I'll sit and think about everything that could go wrong. It's a curse I have. Thankfully I have yet to have a nightmare of a time with any of the kids I've worked with. The afternoon at the park I felt like I was living out my nightmares out with my own children! Little Rylee had no desire to sit still and smile. Quite the opposite. Thankfully on the way to the park, I said to Chris, "I just want to have fun with them and if we get some pictures too, then great." He had to remind me of that a couple of times as the afternoon went on :) And even though some of the kids were less cooperative then others we still got pictures that I will treasure for this lifetime!

So brace yourself here comes 100 pictures. Maybe all these pictures will make up for my lack of blogging :)

Let's start with reality first


grateful for the effectiveness of ice cream bribes...


Fun in the rose garden:






After some more attempts at posing with pouting it was time to break out the guitar & bubbles.


Oh how I love this one... she just adores her daddy!


This is our family. Taylor dancing and singing, Trevor staying close by and keeping busy and Rylee off doing her own thing in the dirt :)




Forget the uncooperative kids :)



Chris and I are coming up on 10 years this summer!

A few more favorites...







Another attempt at a family photo. This was a change. Rylee looking and the others, who knows what they are doing :)


Thankfully with the help of photoshop we did get one nice family shot!


Thank you Luz for blessing us with your friendship and blessing us with your gift of capturing people through your lens! Our friend Sarah came and took some video while we were there. I look forward to seeing and sharing that soon!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Tara, I LOVE them! They turned out so cute! I miss you guys!

Brandy said...

These are so amazing!!! You guys all look so great. Where were these taken - it's so cool!

CreativeChretin said...

Tara, you're haircut is ADORABLE! So cute! Love all your pics! They turned out great!

Erin Deltenre said...

Awwwwww SOOOOO CUTE!!! l.o.v.e. em!!!! You look really pretty Mrs. Daukas!! Can't wait to see you all Sunday!! ~erin

Laurie said...

Love these pics! and super love your hair!!! Almost enough to cut mine off :) .

Anonymous said...

I love the new look of your blog. I LOVE the pic of Taylor looking up at her daddy while he's playing. AND, I love your new hair do! Makes me want to get all mine cut off again, although I've been letting it grow for a while now.

Rebekah said...

I love love LOVE these. You definitely got more than one great family picture. I think my very favorite is the first one of you and Chris ... such a gorgeous, HOTT, picture of you two. Talk about SIZZLE! =) (I know I've already said this, but I also love your new haircut!)

Liz said...

Tara - just wanted to say that these are beautiful pictures... and I absolutely LOVE your haircut... the picture of you and Chris just melts my heart.

SB said...

miss the Daukas fam

-much love from scottyB

Alisabeth said...

Such beautiful pictures! I miss you and your beautiful family! Love to you all! ~Bethany