Thursday, May 23, 2013

Best Chicken Ever

Seriously I just can't hold on to this amazing recipe anymore. I have to share. Of course now everyone will know how easy it is and that I didn't really slave for hours of this delectable dish. But that's ok. For the good of mankind I will share.



Lime Salsa Chicken

(adapted from pip & ebby)

Juice from one lime
1/4 Cup Cilantro
1.25 oz package of taco seasoning (or make your own so there's no MSG which is what I do. super easy!)
2 jalapeno peppers finely chopped (optional- haven't done this yet)
3 lbs boneless chicken breasts or thighs
1 Chopped Red Pepper
1/2 Onion chopped

Now you can throw all this in a bag and freeze till your ready or throw it directly in the crockpot. Since I seem to be living a day at a time with meals as of late I do the later.

Mix in a slow cooker and add one 24 oz jar of salsa. I use a pineapple mango salsa but whatever floats your boat works too!

Cook on high for 3-4 hrs or low for 6-8.

Shred in crockpot and serve in tortillas or over rice. Add some guacamole, sour cream and pour yourself a nice glass of margarita, if your over 21 that is. Then invite all your friends over and listen to them rave.

Sorry no picture. It's so good it doesn't need a picture. Your welcome.

No comments: