Sunday, June 06, 2010

1 year ago...


1 year ago I was cleaning like a mad women getting our house ready for Grace Church's first meeting ever. It wasn't our official start date. We'll celebrate our 1yr in August. As my husband said to our church, in marriage you celebrate the anniversary but remember the engagement as well. Today we remember the engagement.

All month I've been reminiscing that it's been a year in Peoria. A year in this house. I am so amazed at how quickly and well we've all adjusted. It hasn't been without it's challenges but God has been so kind to bring friends for my children, give us neighbors to reach out to and knit our church close together in friendships & our understanding of the gospel.

Today Chris is having our church's first official membership class. We've added new members over the year individually. But today we're expecting from 20-30 people to be in the class. Very exciting!

I wish I could say that I've completely won every battle in my unbelief and that my faith never falters. But I'm still a sinner. It's gotten easier but battles still arise. I still have fears. I still look for my security in this world only to be redirected to Christ and all that he has secured for me! In the midst of it all though, I can say that I love our life. This is the most enjoyment I've had, dare I say ever, in our ministry life as a couple. And I can say that I have more respect and appreciation for my husband then ever before. I wouldn't want his job nor do I envy him but he is truly called to this and God's work in him and through him never ceases to amaze me!

No comments: