Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Taylor's First Concert

As many of you know Crowder band is finishing up their final tour ever. Chris and I saw them in concert 7 years ago and had so much fun. When I saw Gungor was touring with them I knew we had to try to swing it. It's quite often hard for Chris and I to swing anything that involves a babysitter these days but my parents graciously drove out here so we could go. Taylor LOVES Gungor and Crowder so we thought what better first concert for her to attend? Another family from our church was going and Taylor is friends with the daughter. We knew she'd not only enjoy going with us but it would be a bonus to have a friend there.

We decided to not tell her till we were in the car. Partly not wanting to tempt Trevor. As in typical Taylor fashion she was BEYOND excited. The concert was general admission. Chris and I didn't really have the time to stand in line for an hour but our friends did. They were some of the first in line and got us some floor seat wristbands but we kind of needed to get to get there before the doors open. And when I say we barely made it... I mean like Taylor & I were running, they were the next to walk inside and we were able to squeeze in with them and grab our bands. I'm sure that made everyone around them happy :) But hey it's a christian concert right!?!

The concert came at a perfect time in Chris and I's life. It was definitely one of those "we need to escape life and go see a concert" type night. In all fairness we have many of those nights but this time we actually had a concert to go to. Convenient.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Taylor's new dream is to become a professional singer.... you could see the dreaming in her eyes that night as she saw artists come and go off the stage. Heck you could see the dreaming in my eyes that night as well. I whispered to Chris at one point, "Let's leave this all behind and hit the road to tour." I guess some dreams never die, even once accepted it will never be a reality :)

What an awesome night! Check out Gungor if you haven't already.  Crowder was amazing as always but I am eager to see a whole night of Gungor!

No comments: