Friday, January 25, 2013

Kid Update #1- Lex

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

My oh my this girl is growing faster then I can take. New words, sentences added daily, new ways to make us laugh and new things she finds to destroy ;) She likes to be without a diaper. So after night after night of being woken up to, "MAMA, WET!!!". I have joined the duct tape mama club. That's right I am duct taping her diaper. But guess what? Somehow she's learned if she picks at the duct tape from the back long enough, you know after she takes off the layers of clothes I've put on her including a white snapped onesie, she can get a hold of a little piece and rip the rest off and then she's free. Then pees. Crazy girl. So now I've joined the cut the feet off of Pj's and zip up backwards club. I know what you're thinking. I should really join the my two year old is potty trained club.... but that just didn't happen as quickly as I'd like. So I'll stick with my other clubs for the next few months. Unless she learns how to unzip herself backwards. That might leave me with no other option.

She loves her new kitchen and making up plates of pretend cheese, turkey, lettuce and cookies. She is totally obsessed with dogs.  One of these days I'll grab a picture of every single little, big, plastic, dog's that bark when touched, dogs that move. It's quite comical. Let's just be honest, all those dogs are easier then the real thing.

Here are a few Lexie pics from my iphone that I am treasuring in light of so many of her getting lost from my hard drive crash.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Here she is displaying her "Christmas Spirit"
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Notice the baby doll.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

It works people. It really works.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

First night of bowling.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I'm such a good mom.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

She loves to practice her new founded skill. Opening the fridge door. Usually her attempt ends in something spilled everywhere. Blueberries...stepped on an smashed into the tile grout. Shredded Cheese eaten by the handfuls and then dumped on the carpet. In this picture it was my tub of Trader Joe's Parmesan cheese. She also likes to fill up cups of water with my dispenser and create a pool down by her feet. Thankfully that one has a lock but if one of the kids forgets to relock it, man oh man.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Nothing like a little black ink to start your day... same day as Parmesan cheese.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Or how about scissors left out by big brother and sisters.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Good thing she's adorable. I'm thinking about just keeping her here for the morning time.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Lexie-lou we love you.

No comments: