Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A budding Artist

Ok so I try not to use this blog to brag about my amazing children... but allow me just this once, or maybe twice....

Taylor has always been into coloring. She, from a young age, would sit for an hour maybe more and color. About six months ago her pictures starting taking form. I remember back in Dec. when she brought me a picture and said she drew the moon how amazed I was. Finally a picture that was more than colorful scribbles.



Then a few months after that she began drawing faces. Where she learned how to do this I'm not sure, I never sat down and taught her. To be honest I can't draw at all! I have no ability in this area at all!





Then she took interest in writing and drawing nature items....





Yesterday I bought her a book on how to draw people step by step. When we got home she wanted to immediately begin drawing. I told her that she could begin on her own and after starting some laundry I would come help her. Here is what I returned to...




Thanks for indulging this proud mamma! Watch out Picasso here comes Taylor!

3 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

So fun! And you can brag about your kids all your want : ) - you are their mommy, and if you don't brag on them....who will?! : ) Not to take the glory away from God, but to GIVE Him all the glory for who He's created them to be! : )

Tara said...

ah all true Shawnda! Thanks for the comment!

Tara said...

naomi- haha no the name isn't a secret. It couldn't be if Taylor knows :-) We just can't decide on how to spell it so therefore I don't ever blog about the name.