Thursday, October 19, 2006

Busy with my first and best efforts

I heard an excellent message yesterday at my pastor's wives mtg. by Dave Harvey on the role of being a Pastor's wife. In it I was reminded that caring for my husband and kids are the first and most important responsibility I have. Therefore they deserve my first and best efforts. In a world of feminism I can easily fall into thinking that I can give my first and best efforts to many things. For example projects in the home, meetings with people outside the home and after all that still have some left for my family. But in reality only one thing in my life gets my first and best. And It's my desire and conviction that it goes to my family! So blog world that's where I've been and the leftover time has gone to preparing worship for the By Design conference in November. Sovereign Grace Ministries is holding a western regional women's conference on embracing biblical womanhood. Very exciting... I heard the count is up to 700 woman!! Amazing! If you haven't registered tonight is the deadline!

We are all recovering from a difficult weekend. Chris got into a car accident. Thankfully he's fine but the little "h" got a nice beating. He really wasn't hit by a car... more like a tire. Chris drives a little two door hyundai accent and the car that hit him was one of those huge trucks with the massive tires. Taylor got a touch of the flu that same night and began throwing up at 4am and continued every hour till 11:00am. We have since recovered from the mess (literally and figuratively) and back into normal routines. Rylee had her two month check up this week and was a whopping 10lbs 13 oz. I say whopping jokingly... not that 10 lbs is bad, the dr. was very pleased. But all my children have been under the 50 percentile in weight and I've resolved that my daukas babies are not the chunky, plump, pinch the cheek's kind. She's full of smiles and well pimples. She has a horrible case of baby acne. Worse than Taylor or Trevor every had. She's still cute and is such a sweet baby. Very content and since birth I have only gotten up on average once at night to feed her. I actually had a week or two with her sleeping 10 hrs. but that has since disappeared and we are back to 6hr stretches! After my year with bad sleeper Trevor, I am so thankful!

Here are some pictures from the past week:

Trevor's new football jersey... dad is a huge bears fan and the jersey came just in time for their monday night football game! And what a game it turned out to be!


Sweet Rylee at two months

2 comments:

Annalyn said...

Such cute kids!! =) I wanna be a mom. On Tuesday at Life 101, Trev kept coming back to the football - no soft'n'safe foam balls for him! :grin:

Hope this week turns out quieter than the last - thanks for being such an open and godly example to me!

anne said...

Go Bears!~