Tuesday, January 23, 2007

"Keep the bourbon away from the child dude"

Going to the grocery store is rarely uneventful. Today was no exception. I usually roll in disheveled, praying I don't run into anyone. It's a good day if my kids hair has been brushed, let alone mine. Today wasn't a good day, not only that, but Trevor is in serious need of a haircut. To keep in step with Rylee's schedule, grocery days usually happen early. We begin our trip with Rylee dangling in the baby bjorn, Trevor in the front seat of the cart and Taylor trying her best to keep up with mommy. Halfway through the trip I notice that rylee has stolen my list and is now eating it. Little pieces of paper are coming out of her mouth. Later on we take an unfortunate turn down an ailse that has Thomas the Train cups and Trevor, of course, spots them a mile away. He begins shouting "TRAINS, TRAINS. PHULEESE THOMAS THE TRAIN". Now normally I'd say no and break out the pacifier to try to muffle his screams. But the tantrums began an ailse earlier when he spotted crackers. He is onto my pacifier trick and threw it on the ground. So now I'm weighing out the lesser of two evils. Dirty pacifier vs. spending ten bucks on Thomas the Train cups. Thankfully we were about done so I said no, wiped the pacifier with a wipe and went really fast to the checkout lane. The fun doesn't stop there... I'm about finished unloading all the items from the cart and I look up to see the bagger putting my bags into a different cart. I nicely ask if he wouldn't mind putting them in my cart because I am unable to move my son without undoing my daughter and can't push two carts out. He just looks at me and starts moving the bags. I am swiping my card and notice that Trevor is eating a green onion. The bagger has put the bag of green onions next to Trevor. I move the bag, go back to the paying option, and again another bag next to Trevor. This time it's a bottle of bourbon I bought for a recipe I am making this week. ( just thought I should clarify). Before I could say anything the guy at the check out stand looks at the bagger and says " Keep the bourbon away from the child dude". I hand him the bag and say "thanks dude".
Oh how I await the day when Fry's offers up grocery delivery!

3 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

Ahhhh! Tara! You are one brave woman! Though your older 2 are older than my older 2....I don't DARE go to the grocery store alone!!!! There for awhile Jason was going with me in the eves!!! Now there's a high school girl who comes over and serves our family by staying with my older 2 while they nap and I go to the grocery store 2 times a month!!! It's a HUGE help!!! It's HARD work getting all 3 of them in/out of the car seats, into and out of the carts/carrier, getting all the groceries, dealing with all the "stuff" that goes on in the mean time, getting everybody back home, and then unloading the car and putting away groceries! Man...it makes me tired just thinking about it!! Once again, I'm impressed you attack that one on your own! Bless you, sister!

tara said...

well don't get to impressed with me shawnda... I usually go on Monday's when Chris is off. Ocassionally however other things will take priority on Monday and I'll go first thing tuesday morning. When I do go by myself it's usually a short list 15 to 20 items. Makes me regret not going on monday :-)

krysten said...

amazon.com does non-perishables by delivery, in costco-sized packages. and most are covered by the free super saver delivery option.

you'll still need to go out for your green onions, but you can get all your toiletries and cans and bags and boxes taken care of!