Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Packing Tip For Kids




This week we are gearing up for our annual trip to Carlsbad, CA. It couldn't have come at a better time either as it's a tad bit hot here in AZ. Thankfully we had a "mild" June and I'd say it's only been recently that it's been miserably hot. So with the lows in the 60's and high's in the 70's I can't wait to be on the beach for TWO WEEKS!

Something I started doing a few years ago, that has come in handy, was picking out individual outfits for each of my kids for the first 6 or so days of vacation. I place each outfit into a cheap ziploc bag. I also do a bag, or two, full or underwear and a couple bags for PJ's and one for toiletries. Not only does it make their little bags look nice and neat but I'm not having to arrange outfits for three kids every morning! And that's vacation :)

3 comments:

Danae Jones said...

Great idea Tara! I'll keep that idea in mind for when we head to CA in September!

Brandy said...

I think this is awesome and I wish I would have done it for our vacation. Next year! Have a great trip!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

What a great idea! I have done a similar thing without ziplocs -- rolling their "packet" into a little roll for each boy. But using the zip top bag makes it easier. Love it!

Come on over and see me sometime.