Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Shelter in the Time of Storm

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I'm not sure there is a book that I have referenced more this past year then Paul Tripp's book, A Shelter in the time of storm. It is just so, so, rich with God's truth.

I feel like this quote sums up so beautifully of what the Lord has been teaching me this past year:

"I have learned and I am learning that the physical delights of the created world were not designed to be the source and hope of my confidence. No, all of those things in their temporary elegance were meant to be signposts that point me to the
eternal
never-failing
always available
never-changing
always holy
grace-infused
goodness that can only be found in you.
I have learned and I am learning that confident living always rests its foundation on You.

I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Psalm 27:13

No comments: