Saturday, June 02, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Chris returned from NA only to turn around and leave again. This time with me! The Pastor's and wives of our church went up to Payson, AZ for a marriage retreat for a few days. I was considering the kindness of God that he knew way back when how crazy this month was going to be, how little communication and time Chris and I would have with each other due to his sickness and then leaving town, he knew all of this and in his kindness provided a retreat for us to go to at the end of it all. We had a wonderful time together. Lots of time to talk, take walks and consider how we can, by the Grace of God, grow in our marriage. Now it wasn't all walks and downtime, actually it was pretty intense. Each one of the six couples got 1 1/2- 2 hrs to receive input from others on issues in their marriage. What a blessing it is to have friends who are for you and can help you see your sin. Chris and I left encouraged and with lots more to talk about.

It amazes me how much you can miss your kids in just a few days! I am so thankful again for God's kindness in that my children did outstanding while we were gone! As you might remember they were quite the challenge in Maryland and I was nervous to leave, particularly Rylee, again. But she as well as Trevor did great! It was so nice to be home again as a family last night. We had lots of fun playing, wrestling with Trevor and perhaps the kids favorite thing- dancing around while Chris plays guitar. Chris writes these cute little songs for them and they dance and sing along around the house. Even Rylee has created her own little dance. She bounces her little bottom up and down and does this head shake thing while the music plays. I keep trying to get it on video but every-time she sees the video camera she stops and crawls towards it to try to eat it! Well taking it all in last night I could do nothing but Praise God! He has been so good to us!

No comments: