Sunday, October 12, 2008

Missing Tooth

Last week Taylor lost her first top tooth. It had been loose earlier in the day and she seemed pretty determined to get it out before Chris returned home from his Pastor's retreat. Well while I was taking a shower I hear the door slam open and Taylor screams at the top of her lungs "OH MY GOSH THERE IS BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!!!" Things you don't want to hear while taking a shower. After I freaked out for a split second I remembered her tooth and sure enough as I opened the door she had blood dripping from her tooth and mouth. She thought it was a good idea to twist her tooth sideways which only angered it. Thankfully after giving her a wet rag she calmed down and the tooth fell right out.

Just another reminder that my baby girl is growing up!



On another funny tooth note- Trevor said to Taylor that night- "Taylor if the tooth fairy brings you money you should share with me, cause God's word says to share." I appreciate how he choose just this moment to apply God's truth we've been teaching him :-) But sure enough my sweet girl woke up and shared her money with Trevor.

4 comments:

Brandy said...

I love how convicting God's word can be - out of the mouths of babes!!!

Dad Jones said...

Tara
That is so funny. I laughted out loud. She is growing too fast. I do not think I can stand to loose another baby girl to this growing up thing.

Jessica said...

Congratulations Taylor! I can't wait to see you next week! I love you tons! Love, Aunt Jess

Rebekah said...

That girl ... OH MY GOSH THERE IS BLOOD EVERYWHERE ... ha ha ha! Ahem.

And she shared her tooth fairy money?! That is a first for me, officially.