Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Long Live The 80's

You find all sorts of stuff when the majority of things have been packed up for a few months. One box we brought over, that up to this point I had yet to go through, was labeled: TARA'S HIGHSCHOOL STUFF. Now that's a scary thought! Could be why I've avoided it all these years. Well I ripped it open and found all sorts of stuff. Boxes of cards and pictures from old boyfriends. Those have since been burned and thrown in the trash by my husband. Pictures I drew in elementary school, diploma's. etc. Trevor found this dinosaur report I did in the 2nd grade. He thought it was the coolest thing ever. He asked if he could finish coloring some of the pictures in the booklet. I told him that if I've had 15 years to finish it and it's still not done then it's all his.

Taylor found another little treasure of mine from Jr. High. My crimper. Wow that brings back bad memories for sure :) Well I plugged it in and good old vidal sassoon produces quite the product, it still works. We had fun crimping her hair and she assembled this little outfit all on her own:




Long live the 80's!

3 comments:

CarrieLovesKeith said...

Haha, that's hilarious! I totally remember begging my mom to crimp my hair like every day... how fun that Taylor and Trevor get to re-live the 80's with you :~)

Even more hilarious, I think, is Chris burning the old boyfriend pictures and cards... well done, Chris! :~)

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

The 80's look good on her! :) I still have my crimper too.

megan haughery said...

heehee... i had a crimper too back in the day :) cute!