Thursday, July 16, 2009

Meaningful Decorating

I have always enjoyed having scripture around the house. I saw this sort of thing at a friends house and was eager to use the idea in my home as well. You can use any glass frame. This particular one below is from ikea because I needed it to be cheap :) Write on with a dry erase marker and wipe off when it's time for a new verse to meditate on!


I did the same sort of thing in taylor's room. I went with the cheap frame at Ikea and realized once I got home that since it's not glass you can't just write on/wipe off. But she's enjoyed using different colored paper and I bought some stickers from the $1 rack at Michael's for her to decorate her frames with.

4 comments:

Jennifer Thorn said...

I was recently pointed to your blog and have just loved reading it.It's nice to know I am not the only pastor/church planter's wife, homeschooling mother of 3 out there who is trying to cling to Christ in order to make it through the day :) I love this picture frame idea and hope you don't mind that I linked to your blog.

Tara said...

Glad you like it and feel free to link :)

and no you are not the only one for sure... I'll say a pray for you today! The link under your name is Courtney's blog... is that you?

Jennifer Thorn said...

No, my blog is: http://jenniferthorn.wordpress.com/

I have no idea how country's blog got there. (still new to the whole blog thing :)

Jason and Lisa said...

I've seen similar ideas, but I really like the idea of using an erasable marker insted of chalk or something more messy.