Monday, July 27, 2009

Sanctified Sounding Fighting


Well we are back home from vacationing in Carlsbad, CA. We had such a wonderful time together as a family. Praise God no one got sick this year! Pictures will be up soon.

As most of you have experienced, road trips with kids can be challenging. I was so excited when I found this site, road trip bingo for kids. But then equally bummed when we hit the road and I realized I'd forgotten to print them out. Ha, maybe next year. Well thankfully we had our Sovereign Grace Kids CD, To Be Like Jesus. If you don't have it, get it! It far surpassed my expectations. The cd is meant for kids but don't let that fool you. I find myself singing the songs throughout the day. It not only provided an hours worth of songs that we all could enjoy but some humorous moments as well. Chris would start the cd and the demanding would begin, "No, not this one, I want Peace!", and another would shout, "NO, I WANT JOY!" and then the last would scream, "NO, I WANT TO BE LIKE JESUS!"

Wow! What wonderful desires, children! Almost brought a tear to my eye... if not for the tones :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous picture! We love "To Be Like Jesus" around here too. We were having a bad day yesterday and I put it in for as much my sake as my boys! They started clapping to it in the back of the car! :)

Glad you had a great vacation!

CarrieLovesKeith said...

Hahahaha... that is so funny!

Rebekah said...

That seriously cracked me up! Can't wait to see the pics from the trip. Hope all is well over there. You re-adjusting to the heaaat?