Sunday, April 30, 2006

24 wks & Cravings


When I was pregnant with my first child, Taylor, I gained an absurd amount of weight. It didn't help that I already had an extra 10 pds hanging around from my first year of marriage. Yes, it was fun going to Wendy's with my husband at midnight and eating lots of fries because we could... But not really the best habit to get into as newlyweds. After Taylor was born it took a year and a half to get back to my engaged state. When I was pregnant with Trevor I vowed to do things differently. I would not eat ice cream & m&m's every night! And well not eating ice cream every night helped and It didn't take quite as long for my "normal" clothes to fit me after Trevor's birth. So how am I doing with this pregnancy? I'm on the track for it to be more like Trevor than Taylor. However I think it all could change with my recent discovery. We all brought a snack to share this week with one another. Knowing my health conscious Pastor wives friends I decided to contribute something sweet. Really we can't snack on popcorn all day :-) So I went to one of my favorite stores, Trader Joes, and bought for the first time chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels. Yeah I know- dangerous! Well I bought them on Friday and we were to leave on Monday. After staring at the bag for awhile my curiosity got the best of me and I thought there was no harm in trying just one. So I opened the bag and well a day later the bag was gone!!! Seriously I ate the entire bag. And the sad thing is I can't wait to go back and get another :-) I think I'll go today...

6 comments:

anne said...

I gained WAY too much weight with my first too! I was also carrying around extra weight to begin with. A year and a half later I found myself pregnant again. I was back down to the weight I began with with my first son, but I was hoping to be back to my engagement weight too! I think we are waiting a little longer until our third and hopefully that time I can use to do that goal!

YOU look great! I am definately larger than you at 24 weeks! You are a small lady! I unfortunately am short too, soo if I gain too much weight I would look like a blimp! AYE!

I have to admit those pretzels sound mighty tasty! I love trader joes too, but our closest one is two hours away. They are in the process of building one but it will not be done soon enough!!!

Such is life!

Anonymous said...

You DO look great! That's so funny you mention eating at Wendy's with your husband! I've found my husband and I falling into the same pattern. With no time between work and Care Group or Worship Practice we usally end up grabbing something a Wendy's, which I'd never have done before marriage (I'd just skipped or gotten something healthier). I keep telling him we better stop this now! :)

Tara said...

Yeah that's exactly what happened with us. We did a church plant our first year of marriage and had a lot of late night mtgs. Care Group, Staff, we both were on the worship team also. And it was always on the way home that we were most tempted to get some fries :-)

Anonymous said...

Tara-- It was really lovely to see you, even if just very briefly. I think you are so cute always-- and especially pregnant-- but also have seen and experienced that you are a Godly woman whose soul is the most beautiful thing of all. It is always amazing to me how growing spiritually seems to manifest itself physically. Women like you and my mom really can only be more and more beautiful and it is a privelege to watch and learn from.

And as far as snacks from Trader Joe's go-- I discovered these super yummy chocolate cat cookies that are actually not bad for you in moderation but are such a treat with a little glass of milk-- you should totally try them. My personal downfall there is the chocolate covered orange candies-- those I could eat a whole container ~;0)

See you soon!

Spirit of Adoption said...

Well, you look absolutely GREAT!!! : ) However, I know it's hard to FEEL that way!! : )

Anonymous said...

Praise God! I was doing a search on the book "Stepping Heavenward" and came to your site. I am also a Pastor's wife, and I very much enjoyed reading some of your posts. Perhaps we could strike up a dialog about being in the ministry, having children, and all that jazz? I gained too much with my first child, too - and did much better with my second. Thanks to the YMCA, I'm finally back down to where I haven't been for a long time - and I believe it honors the Lord to have a healthy body!
May God bless your little one abundantly!!