Saturday, August 12, 2006

39 Weeks and..... Waiting....

Today marks the official "after today it would be convenient to have this baby" mark. Funny that we'd even have that day huh? With all three babies there have been these sort of days/ timelines. With Taylor it was my brother's high school graduation. And sure enough we made it to graduation and his party, a few hours later my water broke. With Trevor it was for a less joyous event. My Uncle passed away a week before he was born and Chris performed the funeral service & I sang. I remember the morning of the funeral going to the dr. unsure if I was in active labor. I was given the ok for the service and Trevor was born a few days later. There have been all sorts of events to try to keep this little girl in for. One being our California vacation, another one was this week Chris and I had committed to leading Blackstone worship in the mornings, and the last is tonight. Chris has a important Children's Ministry kick off meeting that he is leading and been working very hard towards. As the week has gone by I've grown more and more into an impatient, grumpy, nine month pregnant women. And I fear it's only going to get worse if I don't keep a close watch on my heart. This state has made me more aware of my sinfulness & need for God's word & his help to do all things without grumbling or complaining. That is my prayer as I approach her birthday, that I would be patient with my children & not go about the day complaining about backaches, or endless braxton hicks contractions to all around me. But rather treasure every kick and hiccup & this God given gift of being pregnant! Only through his power can this change occur in my heart!




This is a picture of my friend and I from last night. Her due date is two weeks after mine and she is just as eager to meet her little girl. Come babies Come :-)

4 comments:

Karen Hevesy said...

Very exciting. I remember with my second child I just wanted to make it to my friends wedding, I was originally a bridesmaid,(there was no squeezing all that into a velvet gown) downgraded to a scripture reader. when I look at the pictured I cannot believe I actually danced at the reception. if I would have tipped over I never could have gotten back up! You look great.

Tara said...

Haha that's hilarous Karen!

anne said...

I know how you feel, I was so sure I would be overdue again this time, but God had other plans. I am so glad to have my little boy in my arms, but you do always miss those kicks inside once they are gone! Enjoy the last days of your pregnancy as best you can and soon your little girl will be here!

Spirit of Adoption said...

You look absolutley precious!!! Though, I know, you probably don't FEEL that way! I know I don't, and I so know all too well the tempation to complain about endless braxton's and back pain!!! I tend to go there quite frequently with my hubby!! Thanks for sharing this because it's convicting for me too!!! This season is JUST a season, and it's a GIFT!!! Praise the LORD! : ) Looking forward to hearing about the arrival of your little girl!!