Thursday, August 24, 2006

Happy 1 week Rylee!


Making it through the first week with a newborn is a big deal. Right there along with the one month mark, six week mark and I've now added the "90 days to sanity" mark. Every day I have felt more and more human and I am less frightened by the thought of Chris returning back to work. Daddy boot camp was put in effect earlier in the week and we have enjoyed the sweet fruit of it these past few days. I am always amazed at how quickly our children respond when daddy intervenes! Something else has happened these past few days... Rylee sleeps at night. In her pack n' play nonetheless. Something neither of my other two did this early. Both Taylor & Trevor had their days and night mixed up for the first month. And they would cry,hard, if put to bed anywhere other than a swing, bouncy chair or as my last resort our bed. I'm afraid to even write this, as if somehow she will find out that it's public and suddenly change. But Chris has wisely counseled me to give God thanks for last night and trust him for grace for what tonight will bring. Now by sleep at night I mean she'll go a five hour stretch than another three or four. Last night I was up once between 10:30 and 6:30! So, I am giving God thanks, much thanks, for these past few nights of rest and trusting him for tonight!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

What an absolutely sweet baby! she is really beautiful.

It's great to hear God's grace at work in your life whether it's through your husband's leadership of the kids, your hormones stabilizing, or a baby sleeping at night...God is so kind.

Spirit of Adoption said...

Rylee is beautiful!!! I'd love to hear how you dealt with the days and nights being mixed up with your first 2!!!! What was your game plan during that season? What helped get them "on schedule"?? Rejoicing with you that Rylee is sleeping through the night! A 5 hr stretch is a BIG deal with a 1 wk old!!!! : )

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara,
Rylee is adorable! Congratulations to you and Chris!!

Jacque

Tara said...

Hi Jacque! How are you? I added an e-mail option to my profile... e-mail me when you get a chance and update me on your family & life in Maricopa!