Thursday, September 28, 2006

Gardening With Papa

My dad is an amazing man. One of many things he is amazing at is landscaping. Most don't know that he has a horticulture degree and worked in landscape sales for 15+ years ( is that right dad?) I remember growing up and always being proud of our backyards. He even won an award for one. I got a little spoiled to say the least. I still remember my shock when Chris wanted to have a rock front & back with just a few trees. Something nice & easy. WHAT? No grass and immaculate bushes & flowers? What you don't like spending hours working in the yard?? Now a smart Titus 2 woman would've spent her early years learning from her dad with a green thumb. I unfortunately did no such thing and am having to learn now. Last spring I planted some rose bushes but unfortunately they didn't survive the summer.... could've been because I stopped watering them. What do you think dad? Is water a necessary component for plants to survive?

I am thankful that Taylor is learning at an early age. She went with Papa and Nana to pick out flowers than was taught how to plant them. I'm hoping she learned enough to plant a garden for me :-)


Here's Taylor Picking out Flowers at the nursery



Look at her cute gardening gloves!

No comments: