Monday, September 11, 2006

It's That Time Of Year Again....


Yes football season is upon us, preparations have been made, two teams, two different leagues- it's on! What two teams you may wonder? Well I have learned, through being married to Chris, that it is not enough to LOVE football, it is not enough to watch games & be a devoted fan to the Chicago Bears. No, one must join up, with a bunch of other football loving men and play against one another's "fantasy" teams each week. Wow- to say I was unprepared for fantasy football when we got married is an understatement. I can't say I wasn't warned, but really there is not adequate preparation for what happens to a man involved in Fantasy Football. Or should I say what happens to Chris every Sunday night during football season. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy football! I'm one of those girls who understand the game & could follow a team. If AZ could actually get a "team"... although I have hope for the Cardinals this year! I just didn't understand the whole process of being an owner, drafting your own team etc. I admit the first few season I had to fight off being annoyed at his idol, I mean love, for fantasy football. But thankfully the Lord has given me grace to see that this is one way I can support and show love for my husband by taking interest in what interests him. In the Ricucci's book, Love That Lasts, Besty writes about enjoying shared interests with your husband. "Delighting together has made us closer friends" Besty writes, concerning her taking interest in Gary's love for military aviation. She reminds wives of the verse in Philippians:

Do nothing from rivarly or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interest of others (2:3-4)

So, this is an opportunity for my to glorfiy the Lord in our marriage by taking interest in Chris' passion for fantasy football. I can beat him to turning on the game ask lots of questions on Sunday and throughout the week on how his team is doing. So honey, I'm sorry about your loss this week, but I have confidence you'll be ready to take the win next week!

* The trophy is the actual trophy the guys play for each year. Not to brag on my hubby or anything but it has taken up residency in the Daukas house two out of the last three years!

No comments: