Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A Gospel Primer

I finally got my hands on A Gospel Primer booklet. A little slow I know but it was well worth the wait! I have been feasting on the truths in their for a couple of days now and it is outstanding. This week I am focusing on the first chapter "Reasons to rehearse the Gospel Daily" and was particularly encouraged by the paragraph "Stimulated to Love Others". I have been very impatient and well "not loving" my children lately. They are cute, they can be so sweet and sometimes they can drive me absoulutely crazy! Ok I know that it's not them that drive me crazy but the sin that's inside of my heart... they just do a great job of helping it come out:-) So I am helped by reading:

"When my mind is fixed on the gospel, I have ample stimulation to show God's love to other people For I am always willing to show love to others when I am freshly mindful of the love that God has shown me."

now going backwards to My Daily Need for the Gospel I was provoked by these words:

" The gospel is so foolish (according to my natural wisdom), so scandalous (according to my conscience), and so incredible (according to my timid heart), that it is a daily battle to believe the full scope of it as I should. There is simply no other way to compete with the forebodings of my conscience, the condemnings of my heart, and the lies of the world and the Devil than to overwhelm such things with daily rehearsing of the Gospel"

How true those words are! I fall fast into self sufficency, unbelief and impatience when I don't fight that daily battle against the world, the devil and my own sin. And the way to fight it is by daily rehearsing the Gospel! If you haven't gotten your hands on a copy of A Gospel Primer by Milton Vincent I highly encourage you to wait no longer!
http://www.cornerstonebible.org/Resources/ResGospelPrimer.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey...good suggestion. I just printed it off of their website and I plan on going through it myself. Heaven knows I need it!

Hope you and the family are doing well. Send everyone my love!

Sara Morrison