Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Honoring My Mom

Sunday May 27th my mom turned... well let's just say it's not 40 and it's not 60. I've been thinking all year about this big birthday and what I could get her that would be a blessing. Often when this birthday comes a big surprise party is thrown, but with my mom's health problems it would've been to much for her. So after I thought about it for awhile I came up with the idea of throwing her a surprise party in a book. I asked her friends and family to write letters wishing her happy birthday. Then I'd take the letters and put them into a scrapbook. So I've been compiling the letters and pictures of my mom over the past month and took the last week and a half to make a scrapbook for her. I am so pleased with how it turned out! I should probably say that I've never "scrapped" a thing before. It's something I've always wanted to do but could never find time for. Now that I've done it... well I'm
still not sure I have the time, but it was a lot of fun :-) I wanted to take this first post to share some of the picture pages I put together for her. It's important to note that my mom is the youngest of five. She was quite the unexpected blessing. I believe my Grandma was in her early forties when she had her. There aren't many pictures of her and she definitely doesn't have an album full like some of her older siblings. So I was excited to make an album just for her. With the help of my friend Luz I was able to get some of their older photo's scanned and restored! As you can see from the pictures my Mom is a beautiful person! The first couple ones are from when she was in high school, then wedding etc. Also I should say that I had creative help with the wedding pages and the first page from my friend (as well as my mom's friend) Tracy. She is very gifted at scrapbooking and I am so thankful for her help in getting me started!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Happy Birthday to your Mom. She is a wonderful lady and you are a wonderful daughter to make something so thoughful and special. Girl, you inspire me in the Lord and in life!

Spirit of Adoption said...

THat is a FABULOUS idea, and those pages are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!