Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Rosemary Chicken Salad


We've had a busy week of hospitality. I love having people in our home- it brings me so much joy!! This week we had some neighbors over for lunch as well as our friends the Spencers. It was time for a new lunch recipe so I went to my favorite place... cookinglight.com and found this.

Rosemary Chicken Salad

Ingredients
3 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3/4 pound)
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped smoked almonds
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
10 slices whole-grain bread
Preparation
Combine first 9 ingredients, stirring well. Spread about 2/3 cup of chicken mixture over each of 5 bread slices, and top with remaining bread slices. Cut sandwiches diagonally in half.
Yield
5 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)

It was delicious and sure to become a regular in our family. Minus the stomach ache it gave me :-) Just when I think my stomach is back to normal and I can eat what I want, I go and try something new and bang it leaves me flat on my back! I think I'll have to do without the wheat bread next time but for the rest of you normal people out there be sure to gives this a try and have it on wheat.

2 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

Cooking Light recipes are my favorite, too. No matter what I try, it's always tasty. And, I'm not the most sophisticated or able cook.

CKR said...

chicken salad was on my menu for this weekend and I happen to have all the ingredients - so I think I'll try it - I am someone who never wants to the same chicken salad each time - I love trying new ones!