Thursday, December 29, 2005

Year In Review

I feel like Chris and I are already full fledged into 2006. We sat down this week and reviewed some of the big items we have each month and it took us all the way into 2007. It will be an exciting year! Lots of retreats, some together, some apart, New Attitude, the starting of campus ministry for Chris, vacations, and a long awaited cruise just him and I! But before I rush full forward into another year I want to be sure I stop and recount all the ways God has been at work in my life! And boy has he been at work. This has been an eventful year. I have known more joy than ever with the birth of my son Trevor! I had no idea having two children could be so much fun. However having another baby has given me the chance to die to myself all over again. With sleepless night after sleepless night I learned how self-sufficient I really was and it drove me to a place of desperation for the Lord. I learned that only God can "never sleep nor slumber" and not have it effect him one bit. God has challenged my contentment in every area! What used to be areas of grumbling in my life by God's grace has been changed to thankfulness. Although much growth is still needed in this area, I am thankful for God's kindness to show me that discontentment is a sin in my life and that is serious, but because of the Gospel I am not hopeless! I am thankful for such a wonderful husband and the Godly ways he lead me this year and I'm thankful for two healthy, beautiful children. Yes there is much to be thankful for in 2005- God has been at more than faithful! I eagerly anticipate his work in 2006!

No comments: