Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The funny thing is...

The funny thing is I was going to post today about the blessing of having a clean home. I received a wonderful gift when Rylee was born. The gift of a housecleaning service. I have taken this gift very seriously. Thought a lot about when I could best utilize this gift and almost three months ago I settled on this week. I'm coming off of the women's conference. Where we hosted some guests in our home and due to my responsibilities for the conference, I was unable to keep up with the house for four days. The other reason why I chose this week is because in two days we have some more very, very special guests coming. So you can see why this was THE week to have help cleaning. Yesterday two gals came from Merry Maids and did a wonderful job of cleaning my home. It's been awhile since every room and bathroom was clean all at the same time. Now I knew it wouldn't last long, I expected to have to do some minor cleaning Friday before our guests arrive but I wasn't expecting this:

The source:

The Mastermind:

My new cleaning project:


Here's Taylor at Trevor's age... what can I say my kids like dumping boxes when I'm not watching!

3 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

That's NOTHING! : ) Mine like taking off their diaper and peeing in the FLOOR (or in their bed!), whichever is most convenient at the time!! Can I hope this is a sign of "potty training"????

The rice does look like quite the mess, though - rice is always so hard to get every last one!!! : ) I guess it's the true sign of having little ones around..kind of like the always existing cheerio that finds its way from room to room when you were certain you threw it in the trash the day before!! : )

Zoanna said...

Too cute. (Yeh, I can say that, it's YOUR mess.) But it's not as bad as making the mess yourself. One time i was carrying a box of pepperoni pizza from the counter to the table and tripped over my own dog. She's 80 pounds. How can you miss that? Well I did and tripped so hard I saw pizza fly out of the box and of course land upside down on the other side of the dog, who then decided maybe she should help me clean it up. And then after it's all cleaned up , your 3 year old spills his Sprite on the laminate floor. All this when you're as a trash truck.

Zoanna said...

I meant to say hungry as a trash truck.