Monday, November 20, 2006

Roasting & Dancing

We are having lots of fun with our friends the Dustins. After church we took them to In-and-Out burger. We have built it up over the years and thankfully the cheeseburgers lived up to their fame. Last night we went to San Tan Flats. It's about a 45 minute drive south. The restaurant sits at the bottom of the San Tan Mountains. You can order food and sit outside around campfires while live country music plays. It gave the Dustin's a "real" taste of the western life! Heading back to our car we were able to look up at the clear sky and take in a breathtaking view of the stars.

Here are some pictures of our trip so far:
Taylor made this sign for the Dustin's. It hung on our door so it would be the first thing they'd see as they walked up

Here's Taylor & Ryan in the parking lot at San Tan Flat

They had a dance floor at San Tan Flats and my fearless daughter got the dancing started. She kind of surprised me because often she comes off shy in front of people. But not last night. She got out there and danced like there was no one else in the room. You can see that Trevor got right in and joined her.

Roasting marshmallows

The Clan.... Matt looks tired there in the back! Actually they all are looking tired :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In-and-Out burgers are the best! When I visited my friend in CA she took me to one and it lived up to all I'd heard about it!

Glad you had a great time with your friends!

Spirit of Adoption said...

I've heard a lot about In and Out Burgers with my old roommate being from CA and my hubby being from BC! : ) But the San Tan Flats sounds like a FUN place!!!! Campfires - one of my favorite things!!!! And put that together with a dinner.....and roasting marshmallows??!!!! That's what I call one fun night! : ) Glad you are having a fun time with your friends - there's nothing like good ole friends visiting!!!!