Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Time To Die

This morning I read in Beside Still Waters by Spurgeon this entry:


His Eternal Glory:

Speaking about death and heaven he says, " Well, the body is to be changed. What alteration will it undergo? It will be fully developed. The dwarf will attain full stature. The blind will not be sightless in heaven. The lame will not limp, nor will the elderly tremble. The deaf will hear and the mute will sing God's praises. We will carry none of our deficiencies or infirmities to heaven. There, we will never know an aching brow, a weak knee or a failing eye. "The inhabitant will not say " I am sick" (Is. 33:24). We will have a body that is incapable of any kind of suffering. No heart failure, no depression, no aching limbs, no lethargic soul will worry us there. We will be perfectly delivered from every evil of that kind. Our bodies will be immortal. Our risen bodies will not be capable of decay, much less death. There are no graves in glory."


Next to spending eternity in Heaven worshiping my Saviour face to face, I look forward to this day. The day when the body will know longer know sickness or sin. I think of my mom who has suffered many years with chronic illnesses. And although earthly medicine can sometimes take away pain or temporarily fix her body it will know sickness until her day of Glory. I think of my friend Melinda who in the past five years has suffered through breast cancer and now leukemia. I think of my friend Jenni and her son Chase, who died Monday four hours after birth. Who although was born with deficiencies and infirmities is now in heaven perfectly complete in the arms of his Heavenly father. I highly encourage you to read their amazing eternal perspective here). What a great God we serve who does not leave us hopeless in our sinful states or in our decaying bodies!

No comments: