Sunday, December 17, 2006

Grateful

Some elves have been at work in my house. I returned from the Singles Christmas banquet to a house full of blessings. And trust me I did not leave this place nice when I left. My house reflected the crazy week it's been. The other thing that has been neglected is food. So to return to a clean house, laundry put away, fun goodies on the counter, fresh fruit on the other counter and tomorrow nights dinner already on the fridge I am overwhelmed and grateful. Like it wasn't enough to watch my kids so I could go and be with Chris and the singles! Thank you friends!

It is weeks like this where I am humbled and realize I can't do things on my own . Not only do I need the Lord's help but he has put people in Chris and I's life to help us out as well. In my pride I am often slow to ask for it. So whether that's our friends who have helped us with discerning our hearts when we are discouraged, my parents who have been here pretty much daily to help with the kids, bring Chris swedish fish and a dinner for us all, my one sister in law taking the kids to McDonalds for lunch to give me a break and my other sister-in -law bringing over a well timed meal, also the many of you who have called and been praying, we have been blessed by you beyond measure this week. Thank you all for your prayers and support. You are a means of God's grace to us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is easy to serve people who are such a blessing to many...