Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My Angel




Last night was Taylor's christmas program at school. It was so cute! She's been singing her songs for two weeks all around the house so I was eager to see it all come together. Each kid was assigned a costume and Taylor was given the "part" of an angel. So appropriate huh? Anyways, she came home last week after preschool and told me that the teacher hadn't given her speaking part to her yet. That was news to me so I asked Taylor do you have one? She said yes I do. So the next day I asked the teacher about this so called speaking part. Her exact words " Oh no Taylor doesn't have a speaking part.... she thinks she does... but she doesn't." I laughed! Turns out she just really wanted a speaking part and thought she should have one. That gave us an opportunity to talk to her about her heart and wanting to be center of attention. ( Just like her dad... LOL... alright, alright... just like her mom) We helped her see that she has a chance to be excited for her friend who has a speaking part and encourage others with their parts. She responded well and did a great job singing her heart out last night. She took this program very seriously and was such a performer! During the performance it became a little more clear as to why she thought she had a part. There were two little girls who wore angel costumes and the other little girl was given a speaking part. However poor thing totally froze and just stared at everyone and walked away. Afterwards I turned to Chris and whispered in his ear " Taylor wouldn't have froze" Haha, like mother like daughter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's so expressive!