Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Ten years ago...





Saturday night Chris & I went to my ten year high school reunion. When Chris and I first received the invitation there was quite a bit of discussion as to whether we'd go or not. At one point we settled on no as the answer. I mean after all there were close to 900 people in my graduating class! Would those I knew back then even be there? Well after doing some investigation I found out that yes indeed some of the people I'd love to reconnect would be in attendance. I shared my heart with Chris as to why I'd really like to go and God provided the funds by an unexpected check in the mail. I spent driving to the reunion as I spent most mornings driving into high school. Praying. Praying that I would be an encouragement to those I came into contact with and a light for the Lord. The only difference is this time I had my husband by my side. We had a great time and actually it seemed like I knew and thankfully remembered most everyone there. God's grace at work, being that due to my mommy brain I can barely remember people from a year ago, let alone ten. One girl that I've known since the third grade and lost contact with, is coming over for dinner tomorrow night!

There are so many memories that come to mind as I think about my school years! A lot of great memories actually. I spent some time these past few weeks reading my old journals. One night I pulled out my old Jr. high school journal, something that should be burned and buried forever, and was humbled. I was not a drug addict, I did not sleep with guys but my world was all about me. I was selfish, proud and at least as it seems from my journal, not walking with the Lord. The end of my freshman year God opened my eyes to my need for a Him and my life changed. However changed I became there are still things that I wish I'd done differently back then. Tomorrow I'll post a list of some of those things...

Yes that's my Sr. picture up above. That's the image I had in my mind when a number of people commented on how I haven't changed one bit. Someone would say you look the same and I'd think oh please let it not be so :-)

1 comment:

Ryan J said...

You do look the same :)