Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A Daily Choice

"Fearless femininity is tested in the moments of life. In our day-to-day living, we want to be women who match the moment with fearless femininity. This involves a daily choice to trust God completely. This mean that whether we are mopping up apple juice and glass shards, repairing a damaged relationship, or struggling to comprehend those devastating test results in our doctor's office, God calls us to respond with strength and dignity and a settled expectancy about the days ahead."
Fearless Femininity pg 200


I have a daily choice to trust God completely. It's sounds easy but off I go into my days with my plans and schedule. Then suddenly and almost daily, interruptions come. Of course it's my choice to think of them as interruptions. I should rather think of them as God's ordained plan for me for that moment. I love the picture she gives of a woman, clothed with strength and dignity and a settled expectancy about the all that lies ahead. In the beautiful high calling of biblical womanhood there is no place for a frazzled, hurried, angry or frightened woman. Just a settledness that God knows, He cares and that He has ordained all her days. Oh how I can grow in trusting God for my day to day moments!

No comments: