Monday, November 05, 2007

Chicken and Asparagus

Here's a new recipe I've made a couple of times from Cooking Light. It's been a huge hit in my house!

Chicken and Asparagus in White Wine Sauce
4 (6 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 t salt
1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
2 T of butter
1/2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 C dry white wine ( I used Pinot Grigio)
1/2 C fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pd asparagus spears, trimmed
2 T chopped fresh parsley
1 T fresh lemon juice

Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. (I skipped this part as my chicken breast halves were already thin enough.) Sprinkle chicken breast evenly with salt and freshly ground pepper.

Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add wine, broth, and garlic to pan, scarping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 2 minutes. Add asparagus; cover and cook 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and juice. Serve asparagus and sauce with chicken. Yield: 4 servings

3 comments:

Danae Jones said...

What are the directions?:) I mean, I could guess..

Spirit of Adoption said...

I love cooking light - use it most eves for dinner! and this one is on my list to make sometime soon! : ) Sounds YUMMY!!!!! Glad you confirmed!

Tara said...

come on Danae you can't figure it out ;-)

sorry about that it's fixed now!