Monday, June 15, 2009

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

The past week we've had our friend Luz staying with us. We've had a lot of fun with her! Luz loves the Lord, has a great sense of humor, kind of quirky, and has real cool shoes. She is also an amazing photographer & graphic designer. The next few posts will feature her pictures from staying here. My computer is super close to being ready for me to upload & edit pictures again but not there quite yet. You can see more of Luz's awesome pictures here.

And now for the story of this:


The other day I had some very ripe banana's and a craving for chocolate. I always make my banana bread with sour cream and the recipes for chocolate chip banana bread I had didn't use sour cream. So I googled "banana chocolate chip sour cream bread" Which lead me here for:

Banana and Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Bread
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup sour cream
3 overripe bananas (mashed)
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and in a large bowl. Cream the butter and brown sugar in another bowl. Stir the eggs, sour cream and banana into the butter and sugar. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour the batter into a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a tooth pick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes.





The waiting to cool-so-you-can-eat part is hard but well worth the wait :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a similar recipe and boy, is it good!

Jason and Lisa said...

I may be trying this recipe as we have very ripe bananas. Thanks for sharing. Yum.

Jessica said...

I love choc. chip banana bread! I'll have to try this with the sour cream. We miss you guys, you've been in our thoughts a lot the last month or so.

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

I found that blog too when I was googling for food ideas... Looks yummy!

CarrieLovesKeith said...

Interesting. You had a food craving?

Hmmmm...

:~)

Jason and Lisa said...

I did end up making this banana bread, so yummy. :)

megan haughery said...

made these today... as muffins. sooo yum. thanks! :)