Monday, June 15, 2009

Sure As The Setting Sun

There's a lot of things I like about our new house. One temporay thing is my view of the mountains. At night I can sneak away to my room and watch the sun set. They've built houses up in front of us and a few blocks behind us but their are no houses directly behind us yet. Each night I can take in the spectacular AZ sunsets from my master. I love the picture the sun gives us of God's faithfulness.

Psalm 36:5
Your steadfast love Oh Lord extends to the heavens. Your faithfulness to the clouds.
How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light.


God's faithfulness has been very evident to me since our move. It's not always easy. I'm often tired and have had moments questioning if I'm really cut out to be a church planter's pastor's wife. Or a pastor's wife at all. But God will bring some word of encouragement or rebuke to my soul. Sometimes through my husband, friend but always through his word. He has been so faithful to me through the transitioning here and our new church beginings. I know His faithfulness will only continue and for this I am thankful.


I invited Luz up to catch the tail end of a sunset the other night. She caught these moments while up there. Gosh I love having a photographer in our home :)




No comments: