Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A tried stone

Isaiah 28:16 "Therefore, thus saith the Lord God, behold I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone.

This morning I read in Morning Thoughts by Octavius Winslow how Jesus is a tried stone.

"Jesus is fitly compared to a stone for strength and durability. He is a Savor, and a great one, mighty to save... Thou art that tried stone, tried by the Father when He laid upon Thee all His people's sins and transgressions, bruised Thee, and put Thee to grief... tried by poor sinners (like me) who have brought their burdens of guilt to Thy blood, and have found pardon and peace. Tried by believers who have taken their trials to Thy sympathy, their sorrows to Thy love, their wounds to Thy healing, their weakness to Thy strength, their emptiness to Thy fullness, their petitions to Thine ear, and have never, NEVER been disappointed. Oh yes, Thou art that tried stone to whom I would come moment by moment."

What encouraging words! I can come moment by moment to Jesus, the tried stone. In my needs for wisdom, strength, help to turn my eyes off of myself, I can go to Him. He is perfect in every way and His foundation is sure and strong!

"On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand".

1 comment:

Lory said...

I read that today, too!! So encouraging.