Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Continually Come

I read Psalm 71 & 73 this morning during my devotional. Both Psalms had the word continually in them.

Ps 71:3 Be to me a rock of refuge, to which I may continually come
Ps 73:23 Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel.

I was struck this morning by that word and very much aware of how I continually need God and his strength and wisdom. It's so much more than just meeting with him in the morning. I need him to continually meet me throughout the day. He's strength is there when it's 4:45am and Trevor decides he is ready for the day. He's strength continues to be there when it's after breakfast and the kids begin to bicker and fight, he's wisdom continues to be there when I need help discerning the heart of my child and again he is my refuge when I lack energy in the afternoon and sleep is still far off. I am so thankful for this truth! May you turn to God continually today to meet you in whatever need you have!

3 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

AMEN, sister! Thank you for sharing that!!!!

I emailed you a couple of times - did you ever get those? : ) Just curious! ; ) One was way over a month ago, and the other was about a month ago.

Tara said...

HMM....no I didn't shawnda... I'm sorry! I'll e-mail you from your blog later today!

Annalyn said...

Thank you for posting that! Psalm 71 providentially stuck in my head, and later in the day, when I was really struggling with some things, I read it and God amazingly blessed me through it. It was exactly what I needed to read. :)