Monday, February 05, 2007

There's always next year...

We had a lot of fun at my parents house watching the game last night. It's not often that your husband's favorite team makes it into the superbowl. In this case it's been since he was nine. So I wanted to make sure it was memorable. Thankfully the kids already had their bears attire from October. So we had the cheerleader and the quaterback. I made a little onsie for Rylee that said "My 1st superbowl Go Bears!" and bought myself a bears shirt. I even ordered Chris a matching Urlacher jeresey to go with Trevor's but unfortunately Ebay didn't get it here in time.





Taylor and I made this cake to eat at halftime. I found the idea on a couple of different websites and kind of just morphed them together.




It was an amazing first quarter... But unfortunately it went downhill from there. You'll hear us say things like " At least they got there", "What an amazing season", "Manning deserves a ring" and we even hope, "They'll be back again next year". But as the game ended this is how we really felt:

3 comments:

megan haughery said...

hey tara-
precious last picture :) sorry for your team...

just wanted to let you know, if you email me (from my blog page), I can send you a copy of the menu planning file. glad it was helpful! :)

Spirit of Adoption said...

You did a great job "romancing your husband"!!!! That was so fun to read!!! I can see why ya'll were so excited - not since he was NINE! I had to go for the Colts....only b/c of the coach : ) But I will say that first touchdown had me a little concerned for the ole Colts! That was a good one, Bears! :)

Charissa said...

Hopefully Chris wasn't too upset by the false report of Trevor's defection. :0) And if the Bears make it next year, I promise I'll cheer for the other team so that the Bears can win.