Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day

Happy Valentines friends and family! Let the fun begin. Valentine prep began yesterday. Taylor and I made valentine heart shaped Rice Krispy's for her friends and Nana came over and helped her make little cards. This morning we woke up and had a nice peaceful breakfast all together. What a blessing that was! We ate eggs and heart shaped blueberry pancakes. A tradition that began a few years back. I think this day helps to reinforce to our children that as Christians we live to love and serve others. Over breakfast we talked about how we can only love because God first loved us by sending his son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins!

After breakfast Chris brought out his computer, I assumed he was going to start checking his e-mails but instead he pulled up this blog post for me to read:
Happy Valentines Day Tara

Thank you honey for the meaningful letter! I treasure them & you and look forward to our date tonight!

“If every two were one then surely we.
If ever man were loved by wife, then thee;
If every wife were happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if ye can.
I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is sure that rivers cannot quench,
Nor aught but love from thee give recompense.
Thy love is such I can no way repay,
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.
Then while we live, in love let’s so persevere
That when we live no more, we may live ever.”
poem by Anne Bradstreet

Have fun treasuring the loved ones in your life today! Pictures from the day to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to your sweet little family. Chris' entry was wonderful (I read the whole thing). He is so right about you! Give those little ones kisses from Aunt Brandy.