Saturday, December 15, 2007

Holiday Fun

Friday night my parents and I took the kids to the holiday kickoff at Scottsdale's McCormick train park. Chris had a work obligation so I talked my parents into going there with us. Upon arrival there was a live band playing Christmas music, then we counted down from 10 and the Christmas tree was lit. As we were admiring the tree the train came around the corner with Santa, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Clifford, Barney etc. and they all got off to greet the kids. You would've thought we were at Disneyland with how excited Taylor and Trevor were! At that point my dad graciously stood in line for almost an hour for the train while the kids played around the area. Finally it was our turn to take a ride. I have to say I was quite impressed by the light display! At one point as you come out of the tunnel you were greeted by snow (by a machine of course, this is the desert). So far it's become one of my favorite things to do this Christmas. For you locals I thought it was up there with Zoo lights but much cheaper! As we rode the train throughout the spectacular light display Taylor sat by nana and squealed over and over with delight, Trevor rode with his eyes wide and Rylee was bundled up in a blanket in Papa's arms. It was a sweet moment. Here's some pictures from the night.


My Aunt Susan and her grandaughter (the kids 2nd cousin) met us there





Thank you so much Dad & Mom for making this night possible!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the highlight of our Christmas too

Spirit of Adoption said...

Looks like fun!!! : ) But I'm confused about the coats....it doesn't get that cold there does it???

Tara said...

Oh it gets cold alright... it was in the 40's that night :-)

Of course I never knew cold till living in Maryland for a year but hey you still need coats every now and then in AZ too.