Monday, January 12, 2009

Renewed Review



I have have good intentions of writing up some thoughts from our retreat this weekend, but have been a little time challenged and sleep deprived :) The first night we were reminded of the fall and the effects it had on all of the human race. But God, in his kindness, did not leave us in our fallen state without a way out. He provided a way, Jesus Christ, to make men new again. We have been renewed through faith in Him.

The next two messages on the world left me convicted of ways in which I love the world too much and ways I love it not enough. We are not to love the things of this world but at the same time we are called to be ambassadors to the people living in the world. We all are ambassadors. It's just a matter of what kind. The last message left me with a fresh view of eternity with Christ, promised to me as a believer and motivated to live for things that will last for eternity, not the passing things of this world.

The kids & I will be enjoying having Chris home for a few days as we all recover and spend some extra time as a family. Thanks to all for your prayers. I will post links to the messages once they are up!

Here's a team for the Olympiad afternoon games that Taylor & I adopted. I figured any team that wanted to use my fireplace to burn holes into their poster was definitely worth my allegiance :) Taylor was their mascot, carrying their sign around at every event cheering them on. Out of 12 teams they came in 2nd, not too bad. Thanks SWAT for the fun memories.


The West Coast Revival guys lead our worship. It was great having them there.

Daddy & Taylor

Our attempt at a quick family shot before leaving the camp.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome were those snow machines?

Tara said...

I was going to dedicate a whole post on the awesomeness of the snow machines Jeff.

Let's see... they are about as awesome as the website you just "threw" together last night :) amazing.