Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Weaning of the World



"These painful dispensations, by which you are learning the changeableness of everything earthly, are but to wean you from a poor, unsatisfying world and to draw you near and yet nearer to Jesus. Then be of good cheer, for He hath promised never to leave or foresake you. Thus, you may bodly say, "The Lord is my helper."

Octavius Winslow Morning Thoughts, 10/28


The Lord continues to meet me in the weaning of things I love about my life here in Gilbert and embrace the change that is in my future. A promise that I cling to is that He will never leave! Ever! What a wonderful promise. I do not know what the future holds for Chris and I and I can often give in to fear. But in my desperation I am comforted to know that He is my helper. Gently leading us on.

4 comments:

Dad Jones said...

I thank God that he is sending Chris out.
I thank God that you are married to him.
I thank God that the church God is going to build through you two is closer not farther.
I thank God for your spirit.
I trust God to provide the souls
I trust God to provide
I trust God
Love you
Dad

Tara said...

Thanks Dad....

and I trust God that he will lead you guys to eventually come :-) but if not... I'll still trust God.

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

What a great quote!

LS said...

hmmmm, this rings so true and sweet in my heart. I am right with you Tara. Being weaned from things my heart holds so dear. There is so much unknown, but I know that HE is there and what a comfort that is! Thanks for writing this out. So glad to be walking through this very similar time in life at the same time as you guys. God really does work all details in our lives.