Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Home Sweet Home

We have returned from Together Whatever and God was, like I anticipated, faithful. It's a great thing to know as a believer that God being faithful doesn't mean there won't be trials but that he will be faithful to meet you in them. This was my expectation for the weekend. For instance, we were up from 4 am on two nights in a row with a screaming, teething child. I had a fair share of contractions on the way there and pulled a muscle in my inner thigh on Friday. This one is more comical now that we are out of the situation but Trevor locked himself in our bedroom, with keys inside, and it took maintainence 20 minutes to come unlock the door. The last 7-10 minutes were spent with Trevor crying in the distance. Once the door opened we found our suitcase unpacked (not neatly) and he was stuck under the bed. Taylor had quite a few uncommon accidents. One during the first night session and another right in the middle of trying to have "fellowship" with another couple during lunch. Thankfully we were sitting outside. The rooms had no air conditioning, which really you don't need in San Diego, unless you are eight months pregnant. Also we had this weird shower head where you had to hold it above your head in order to get wet. This one I can't pawn off as being hard because I'm pregnant. I'm just spoiled and would prefer to not manually hold the shower above me. Chris said this was a great area to die to self, he was right.


But like I said God was faithful, he gave me strength through the difficulties. He allowed me to see when I was being tested so I could turn to his word for help. And when I didn't see it and feel into sin, he was there, quick to forgive. I heard the most outstanding/convicting message on Unbelief. That alone was worth the trip! Unbelief defined as "living life as though God will not keep his promises." Mark Mullery spoke of the warnings in Hebrews 3 of not finishing the race. This message I highly recommend you download from the together website and take a listen to. We made friends with some new families that we haven't ever had a chance to spend time with. Taylor loved being there with all her friends. She made the neatest crafts & learned songs that she's still singing today around the house. She didn't seem to care that her brother kept her up all night. And finally Chris & I's 6th anniversary fell over the trip. What an amazing 6 years it has been love! So the trip, although eventful, was wonderful! However, I'll confess, crawling into my own comfy bed Sunday night with the fan on high, I muttered aloud "Home Sweet Home" :-)

3 comments:

anne said...

Glad you had a good trip...an eventful one but a good one. :) I am proud of you spending that time in the car! I pulled a muscle too the other day...oh man that hurt! Soon we will have our bodies back. I am glad the time with your family and the conference lead you to God and to his word so that you might know him more.

Mr. and Mrs. said...

Everytime Andree and I saw you we were impressed with how peaceful and joyful you appeared--with two little ones and so pregnant we knew the trip was going to be an adventure for you all but wow! What a trip!! -- I'm glad met and encouraged you! Thank you for your example and the way you serve your church!! :-) (We met last summer...)

Tara said...

Thank Becca for the encouragement- I remember meeting you both with Janet last year :-)