Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm Going Back To Cali...

That's right this 37 week pregnant girl is packing up her stuff & her family and headed to Carlsbad CA tomorrow morning! Going to Carlsbad has been tradition in my family for many, many years. Honestly I'm not sure how many... I think it's at least 25 years for me. But the tradition began back when my mom was a kid. At first we were planning on not going this year, in light of money & being so far along in the pregnancy. A decision I knew was right but struggled with missing a year being as it is "tradition". Then a month ago some kind friends offered up a free condo for us to stay in, one that is right by my parents, and the offer was just to good to pass up on. Although, it is not our plan or desire to have this baby in California there will be a hospital five minutes away covered by insurance should she decide to come early. But I have no history of preterm labor nor have any of my other kids come more than two days early... so I think we're safe. Sounds like I'm justifying myself huh? :-)

I am just so excited to be with my husband (who could really use a few days off), take the kids to the beach, hang out with my parents and to sit outside all day & relax! If we have access I'll post some pictures!

See ya next week, hopefully still pregnant :-)

1 comment:

anne said...

have fun!!! You are a brave woman heading out to Cali while so pregnant! My husband went to San Diego last week and I wanted to go with SOOOO bad but they would not even let me on a plane!! Next time! Now we are just waiting for this babe to be born! :) Hope yours holds on a little longer so you can have fun on vacation and not be at a hospital giving birth! Even though it is a great gift...one last hoorah is always nice! :)