Friday, July 14, 2006

Nesting

Nesting: This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world.
* def from Pregnancyweekly.com

Let the nesting begin! What a fun week it's been. My days of low lying energy have disappeared, at least for a short time I assume. Today I cleaned out the refrigerator. I mean take out shelves, wash drawers, disinfect the inside, clean the refrigerator. Usually my definition of cleaning the refrigerator is throwing out food that's turned into a science experiment. As I was cleaning I thought to myself, when was the last time I did this? Oh yes, over a year ago right before I had Trevor. Over the past two weeks I have cleaned out all the closets, organized toys, shelves & the pantry. I even found time to iron my husbands shirts so, at least for this week, he'll have something clean and ironed each day. He still hasn't noticed... I debated on telling him but then thought it was really self serving to tell him and my goal was to bless him, not me. We'll see how often he reads my blog ;-) I am grateful for this energy and urge to "nest". It's God's kindness to mom's! Lord knows these kind of things aren't going to get done anytime soon once baby #3 arrives!!

Alright urge is wearing off... I think it's time for a nap!

3 comments:

James said...

if you need more to do - my house could really use a good cleaning!

Patrick said...

That is too funny, Tara! That nesting thing is a bizarre natural phenomenon...before our twins were born, I could barely get up off the couch, but yet I still had this insane obsession that all the blinds and curtains in the house had to be cleaned before they were born! Do newborn babies really care if their curtains are clean? I doubt it, but it sure made me feel better!!! I pray you are all well. Enjoy these last bursts of energy - try not to expend them all on cleaning, though! Many blessings to you and your family,
Meg

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'm wondering how anyone will be able to tell I'm nesting when I'm pregnant. That pretty much sounds like me all the time!

Sounds like you got a lot accomplished; I'm sure that feels good!